Pumpkin Everything started back in August in this house as a means of psyching ourselves up to go back to school (Denali sure didn’t complain about the fact that we started with pumpkin dog treats). Now that Starbucks finally brought back the PSL and released the cutest fall cup ever, I think it’s safe to say that Pumpkin Everything is now legally in-season.
So…let’s make it a thing and do some more baking, okay?
I have a list going, but we just have to start with these pumpkin sugar cookies! They are super-soft, taste just like fall (if you could taste a season, of course), and everyone loves them…including this little punkinhead:
The amount of cute in that little body is just completely unreasonable.
Now back to our cookie recipe, courtesy of Lauren’s Latest!
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir butter, oil, pumpkin, sugars, vanilla and eggs together until incorporated and smooth.
- Slowly mix in all dry ingredients until completely incorporated.
- Scoop onto prepared baking sheet using 1 1/2 tablespoon scoop and flatten to 1/2 inch thick using the bottom of a glass.
- Bake 8-9 minutes.
- While cookies bake, stir all ingredients together for glaze until smooth.
- Once cookies are finished baking (they should still be very soft!), cool 3 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to cooling rack.
- Spread 1 1/2 teaspoons glaze over each warm cookie.
- If the dough is sticking to the glass, press the bottom of the glass in granulated sugar before flattening!
- If you're storing the cookies, be sure to let the glaze harden first.
Don’t worry — I didn’t leave that cute face hanging, but sugary glaze is probably not great for beagles. She was clearly just as happy to have her own version of a pumpkin cookie!