As I previously declared my love for avocados in this post, I recognize that I probably don’t need to, you know, go over it again.
But oh my gosh, you guys. SO GOOD!
Okay, I got that out of my system. Moving right along now.
If those delicious tuna, avocado, and mozzarella paninis were “Summer in a Sandwich,” then this Melon, Avocado, and Prosciutto Salad is certainly “Summer in a Salad.” In fact, the first day the temperature hit 80 degrees this year, I told Mike we had to have this salad with our dinner. It just felt right.
If the thought of cantaloupe, avocado, and pork (?!) mixed together makes you question life a little bit, that’s okay. It should. Because once you eat it, you will wonder why on earth you never had it before! Yum, yum, yum. That sweet and salty combination just gets me every time…and this one is refreshing to boot.
- 1/2 cantaloupe
- 1 avocado
- Fresh basil
- 1 small package prosciutto
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp. avocado or olive oil
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Cut a cantaloupe in half. Wrap one half in saran wrap and set aside in refrigerator.
- Slice the remaining half of the cantaloupe into bite-size pieces and place in medium size bowl.
- Halve the avocado, remove pit, and cut into 1/2" squares. Scoop avocado squares into bowl.
- Cut fresh basil leaves (amount to taste -- I love basil!) into thin ribbons and sprinkle into bowl.
- Carefully remove 3-4 slices of prosciutto from packaging and tear into bite size pieces, placing them into the bowl.
- While using a strainer, squeeze fresh lemon juice over ingredients.
- Drizzle approx. 2 tbsp. avocado or olive oil over ingredients.
- Grind fresh black pepper over ingredients to taste.
- Carefully toss all ingredients using a large spoon!
- Cover and refrigerate until serving or serve immediately.